Seating depth variance

bill123 wrote: "After ultrasonic cleaning and annealing my 6mm necks, I chuck a 30cal nylon brush in a drill and run the brush through the necks".
On all our rifle brass, I do the same as bill123 except I use the designated caliber nylon brush in the drill wrapped with 0000 synthetic steel wool by 3M. I make one pass in and out period. You can feel the difference when seating the bullet

The application media is small ceramic balls the graphite is added to those you simply dip the neck in a few times maybe twisted a little and it clings to the brass

Exactly. There is enough dry graphite included to last a very long time. You just add some to the container with the beads when needed. Plunge the case neck in and give it one or two quick twists and you're good to go. It makes a measurable difference in bullet seating consistency and SD/ES.

Bob

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.