Seating Depth for GS Custom HV Bullets in my 6.5x280AI

TX mountain hunter

I'm looking at loading up some of the 6.5x55 110 grain HV bullets in my 6.5x280AI. I had the total maximum COAL (touching the lands) measured at 3.261". How far off the lands should I begin seating these bullets?

Just a side note. I have my maximum COAL with berger 140 VLDs at 3.550" I expected these HV's to sit a good bit deeper, but this was a bit of a surprise. Are there any other 6.5 110 HV GS custom shooters out there?

Thanks,
Jake

I bought a couple boxes of 6.5x55 110 grain HV bullets a few years ago for the 6.5-270WSM,6.5-284 and the Sweede. Have only tryed few loads with very dismal results=shotgun paterns @ 100 yards. Have became a firm believer in the old saying "you cant miss them fast enough to killem" They where kinda spendy so I gave up early hopeing someone else would ginie pig them.
From my research on them they dont have be to the lands and prefer some jump, faster burning powder was also recamended.
Hope you find a load that works for it!! If you do I'm sittin on a couple boxes that I would let go reasonable as the 140 grain Amax and Berger are doing a great job fer me in both rounds (the 6.5WSM didnt work out either ;-(.

Thanks MachV. If I do end up with a good load, I'll keep you're offer in mind. Do you remember how far off the lands you tested these?

Anyone else with GS Custom loading experience?

Gs bullets dot seem too fussy with seating depth. Have loaded 140 in 300 wsm and with coal restricted by may, 100tou plus jump and they shoot great. Pay close attention to the bullets you order in 6.5 as the 110hv is specific to the 6.5x55 bore and groove spec. The groove on the swede is larger than standard .264 groove hence the drive band diameter on th 110 is also larger than that of a 95hv or the 106 etc. I have a mate with a 6.5300wsm 95hv and rl17 over 4000fps out a 22in tikka conversion, deadly on red deer in nz.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.