SE Montana has been good to me

lilharcher

Got the snub on all western draws this year, even a deer tag in a general unit in Utah that I had a 70% chance of drawing, so I headed to the crow to hunt free range antelope and bison. Looked over 100s of goats and covered miles of terrain before putting the stock on this nice lope, with a bit of character. Given how high he carries his mass, it should score pretty well.
8DB3014F-B3EE-4A33-83E2-B90587FE06CA.jpeg

After my lope tag was filled, we headed into the bighorn mountains, up to 9,500 ft to search for a few scattered bison herds. Took us a few days to find them, then on mid-day of day 2, were able to make a stock while the herd dipped into a small ravine to feed. They popped out about 200 yards, where my 26 Nosler/156 EOL found its mark (neck shot). Had to rent a Penske truck to get over 300lbs of meat home.....and it is absolutely delicious with full array of steaks - ribeye, NYs, sirloin, filets. Bison was on my bucket list to hunt once. Too majestic, so one and done for me. Lots more deer, elk, and lope in my future though.

7F4B38E7-6CBF-464B-AA2C-8EFF82480DA9.jpeg

Got the snub on all western draws this year, even a deer tag in a general unit in Utah that I had a 70% chance of drawing, so I headed to the crow to hunt free range antelope and bison. Looked over 100s of goats and covered miles of terrain before putting the stock on this nice lope, with a bit of character. Given how high he carries his mass, it should score pretty well.
View attachment 151152

After my lope tag was filled, we headed into the bighorn mountains, up to 9,500 ft to search for a few scattered bison herds. Took us a few days to find them, then on mid-day of day 2, were able to make a stock while the herd dipped into a small ravine to feed. They popped out about 200 yards, where my 26 Nosler/156 EOL found its mark (neck shot). Had to rent a Penske truck to get over 300lbs of meat home.....and it is absolutely delicious with full array of steaks - ribeye, NYs, sirloin, filets. Bison was on my bucket list to hunt once. Too majestic, so one and done for me. Lots more deer, elk, and lope in my future though.

View attachment 151151
Well done

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.