• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Scout Scope?

jeffreyjwilliams

I am looking for a "scout scope" that I can mount on my Winchester 94 30-30. My rifle is a top eject model, the scope will be fwd mounted. I have the Pearson's Picatinny sight rail. The scope will need to have extended eye relief.
When completed it will hopefully look similar to the image below.

Attachments

• 9E2202BF-5DF2-440D-A8BA-57D06E86B06A.jpeg
    9E2202BF-5DF2-440D-A8BA-57D06E86B06A.jpeg
    29 KB · Views: 22
Don't have one for sale but I recommend the vortex crossfire scout as an option. I've got one mounted on my 1895 sbl and it's with stood the recoil of my 45-70 thus far. I've put about 10-15 rounds through it.

I am thinking of doing the same thing. I'd like to hear your impressions of that mount. I'm wanting the Leupold scout I think.

Just today my mounts came in for my AE. I put a 2-7 Leupold rimfire scope on it, tiny, light and has a real fine bdc reticle, almost too fine. It looks awesome imo. Rifle shoots good too.

I am thinking of doing the same thing. I'd like to hear your impressions of that mount. I'm wanting the Leupold scout I think.

Just today my mounts came in for my AE. I put a 2-7 Leupold rimfire scope on it, tiny, light and has a real fine bdc reticle, almost too fine. It looks awesome imo. Rifle shoots good too.

Leupold scout would be great if you don't mind black or matte color then you can find good prices on them. The reticle on the vortex is just right to me, pretty easy to see in low light. I actually went with some cheap Amazon mounts for mine and surprisingly they are solid.

Leupold scout would be great if you don't mind black or matte color then you can find good prices on them. The reticle on the vortex is just right to me, pretty easy to see in low light. I actually went with some cheap Amazon mounts for mine and surprisingly they are solid.
Which Amazon mounts did you get?

I have the mount installed and now I am waiting to put on the scope. My gunsmith was impressed with the mount and it feels solid. I am hoping to get it all set up and tested soon.