Scope Rings? Lets hear opinions.

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by dieselboy427, Apr 26, 2012.

1. dieselboy427

dieselboy427 Well-Known Member

I am in the final stages of having my first custom rifle built. Its is what i feel a completely "top shelf" build for using a Remington factory action. Built by Gre-Tan Rifles.

Action single point machined, bold body double sleeved. firing pin hole bushed and pin turned, double pinned recoil lug. lugs lapped, .350 lug. Sako extractor,
    Manners stock
    Jewell trigger w/ safety
    Krieger barrel MTU w/ 5-R finished LONG
    APS Medium muzzle brake
    Surgeon bolt knob
    Near Mfg Scope rail epoxied with all 6 8x40 bolts

Chambered in .300 WM with a tight neck chamber

I am looking for SUGGESTIONS for "TOP SHELF" 30mm scope rings. I have been wanting D.D. Ross but have no luck getting any so i am looking for any and all advice. PROS/CONS

Thank you
    Surgeon DBM

2. grit

grit Well-Known Member

I like Seekins. All the ruggedness of Nightforce with cleaner lines, torx anchors rather then 1/2 inch nuts, and a little better price...

3. 270winshort

270winshort Well-Known Member

Burris signature rings 20 moa inserts, and they leave no scope rings, i have never had them come loose, horses, ATV, or a tumble down the hill

4. dieselboy427

I am obsessive in scope mounting and no offense but the burris rings were the reason I started epoxying scope bases. I had a scope that wouldn't hold adjustment and found the rings, even though properly torqued by a freshly calibrated Snap-on in/Lb torque driver (they blamed my torque wrench at first and it cost $40 for calibration) Maybe just a bad batch but getting blamed for a properly done job is a sure way to lose a customer

5. C.O. Shooter

C.O. Shooter Well-Known Member

You went with a Near Mfg. rail, why not his rings? They are probably one of the best in my opinion. For my build I went with Badger Ordnance base and rings!

Good luck!

6. 270winshort

270winshort Well-Known Member

were they burris signature rings or just burris rings? there is a difference

7. dieselboy427

I didn't go with NEAR rings because i was really set on the D.D. Ross rings. unfortunately I cannot get ahold of them to order any nor can i get a return call or e-mail.

8. clamb4

clamb4 Well-Known Member

Dito