Scope Rings an Base Leupold or Badger ???

redbone

I use Leupold scope Rings an Base an they work find For me .

I am Looking to Buy an set of Badger Base an rings rail system .

Will the Badger rings an base Help my Group size ?

If you use Badger rings an base rail system or that Kind of Rail system The High Dollar Kind . How Has it Inproved your Shooting Group size . Has it got smaller ?

unless your shooting a very heavy recoiling rifle most standard rings are strong eonough to hold the zero , on mid range scope your glass will fail before the mounts and rings will.
We use the big robust Military style rings and mounts because you can remove your scope and put it back on with a very minimal loss in accuracy , also some of the scopes in the LR world are realy heavy in the 2lb class and it takes a strong mounting system to keep it on the gun if you plan on be rough with it.
In short will the $300 Badger mounting system make you shoot better groups than say a $50 Leupold dual dove tail setup NO , but if you ever plan to remove the scope to put on another gun or what ever the rings have to be taken apart for the scope to be removed.

Does the Badger setup look cool , hell yea.

I personaly would go with a set of rings and bases from Glenn Seekins first though , his are aluminum so theyr weigh about half as much and the 7000 series aluminum he uses is super strong

The difference I saw was that after thousands of miles on dirt roads bouncing around, the two guns with different bases and rings had behaved differently. The gun with the regular bases and rings had nearly every screw loose and the gun with the rail and tactical rings was still within a half inch of its 100 yd zero.

Of course, the fact that I installed the regular bases and rings on one gun and Kirby installed the rail and tactical rings on the other might have played a small part in the situation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.