Scope recommendations

Matchbook454

I'm looking at a Zeiss Conquest V6 3-18x50 which is a SFP scope and a Burris XTRIII 3-18x50 FFP scope. Primary purpose is hunting. Can't seem to make up my mind. Wondering what you guys have to say?

Last edited:
Well the Burris has a 34mm tube so rings will be more expensive. The Zeiss is a 30mm tube and is almost 1/2 lb. lighter.
I would pick the Zeiss for hunting and the Burris for PRS kinda work.
FFP vs SFP is a personal choice.

I had the v6 3-18 and I thought the glass was lacking, everything else seemed to be good. Xtriii is supposed to be a good optic. Great FOV also

How would you compare V6 glass to Leupold VX-6HD glass?

i haven't looked through a vx6hd for a while. I imagine it's maybe better at some things. I however haven't used a leupold since my vx6(not hd) failed. I had too many problems with them over the years. I hear the mark 5hd is good. The vortex LHT is Supposed I to be a heck of a scope. I'm going to find out, I ordered one. It'll be on my seekins havak element. Should be an awesome lightweight mountain rifle.

Natchez has a killer deal on the XTRII's right now, you can get a 4-20 xtrii with illuminated SCR reticle for $599. If I had the spare coin I would pick a couple up just to have on hand. Might help you make up your mind!

Thanks to member Wedgy for pointing it out.

What about the newish vortex hunting scope that came out? Im assuming yiur budget is like the sub 1k mark? Leupold vx5hd is decrnt as well. You could also look for a used vortex amg.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.