scope recommendations

Giff

Hi, New user here. I have recently been taking interest in stretching out the range of my muzzleloader and need a new scope. I have found that drop compensating reticles are only accurate with max loads, and since I dont shoot max loads I would prefer an external elevation turret. I prefer 3-9 magnification and 40ish mm. I like standard reticles. I would like to keep the price around $300, but might be able to stretch it to $400.

thanks

You won't beat quality glass for long range shooting and I'm one that dislikes multi reticle scopes also. Myself I prefer Leupold or Nikon Monarchs. Nikon does have some sales going on right now at select stores, Cabela's being one. I could have had either when I bought my last two scopes and ended up with the Nikon Monarch 2.5-10x50 and happy with them both. I shoot to 200yds often and currently hunting ag fields with those ranges. I do think that my next scope, may end up being Leupold VX-3 at 4.5- 14. Some of the Leupold 2's would fall in your price range.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.