scope Question

Yotebuster

Anyone shooting the Bushnell Elite Tactical scope the 3200 10X by 40MM model, Was wondering if 10 power is enough scope for my 308 out to say 700yds on Antelope etc. Steel targets to 800yds

10 power at 700 yards? the brand is not whats important here. The question is , can the shooter perform under those conditions to make an ethical shot? speeking for myself , I cannot.lightbulb

I understand the shooter needs to be able to shoot this distance, But my question is that 10 power is it enough for this kind of shooting, Thinking on buying the scope but not sure if I want more than 10 power but they are on sale right now in Midway right now.

i had a fixed power scope briefly in 1967 , a 4x redfield. i need more power sometimes, and less sometimes. so i have mostly 6.5-20s and a couple 8.5-25s. they work good for me. however i shoot in competiton against guys with irons sights that do even better.

you will thank yourself later if you wait and get a 14 power. chances are you will get the 10 and decide later that you need to upgrade, then you are stuck with a scope you cant get rid of or need. I say at least 14.

The problem with a fixed power scope is it's fixed. Sometimes you will want more magnification sometimes less.

If you get a 6x24 or something else in that same range you have the versatility.

Some people will disagree but I am able to shoot more precisely with a higher power scope. I cant shoot little rocks or clay pigeons at that range with a ten power scope. I have 8-32 scopes on my longer range equipment.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.