Scope problem .17 REM.

dcederberg

I put a new scope on my REM 700 in .17 REM, I installed a rail then mounted the scope in Nightforce Med rings. The scope is a Burris Veracity 5-25x50. The problem I am having is the scope is maxed out on the elevation and I am just barely.5 high at 100 yards. Does this seem odd to anyone else?? Rail is flat, should have bought a 20 MOA.

Ceder

Those rings do not, they are a matching pair.
Did you have a scope mounted prior to this set up? If so how much adjustment did you have left?
You may have a few options:
Either replace the rings with some that do add some MOA (Burris signature w/inserts) or replace the rail with some added MOA…or do both. Just remember that whatever MOA you add to the mounts/rings is all you will potentially have for scope adjustments.

I love Nightforce rings. They are normally a high quality product with a fair price. That being said, it sounds like there is a machining issue of some sort going on here. Could be the rings, base, or receiver. Maybe try taking the scope off, level the barrel and put a level on the base of the rings. If they are out, take them off and put a level on the base. Sounds like it is off enough it would be fairly easy to find the problem. I'm guessing it is the rings or base. If I was betting, I'd guess base.

I had this scope on a different rifle and had the zero stop set, I moved it to this gun with a rail and it topped out Today I pulled the top turret and moved it around to zero and now I have adjustment left. I am still puzzled by my findings but it seems to be ok. Just came in from shooting some chucks in the wind and it shot great. Thanks for the replies!
Ceder

Might have to go with Burris signature rigs on rifle. I have them on all my rifles. I have seen this many times on my rifles so know I just go buy them from the start. Stops a lot of wasted time. MD

I have 30 mm NF unmount rings on my RUGER Precision Rifle (20 MOA tilt) and they work perfectly.

BTW, when possible I try to buy ONE piece rings as they come perfectly aligned as machined with no need for "ring lapping. However my Browning X-Bolt Pro required separate Talley rings but I used pointed alignment rods and found
the points were touching, so alignment was very good.