Scope mounts for Rem 700

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by jonj, Jul 18, 2005.

1. jonj

jonj Member

Hello gents,

I´m getting an Left handed Remington 700 VSF in .308Win in the nex few days. I already have a Swarovski PH 6-24x50 with 30mm tube that will go on top of it. Since I would like to get into long range shooting and the scope has limited internal MOA I was thinking about getting a Burris Signature rings with inserts for mounting it. Now I would like your recommendations on which base I should get (Badger/Farrell etc are a bit too expensive for my taste)?

Thanks,
    jonj

2. 7Rumloader

7Rumloader Well-Known Member

Go with leupold or the burris bases.

3. jonj

jonj Member

Thanks for the reply. I´m a bit of a greenhorn in these matters so I would like to know which you recommend 1 or 2 piece base and also which is superior mounting system dual dovetail or weaver type and if both systems would work on a LH Rem 700 short action?
    Thanks

4. chris matthews

chris matthews Well-Known Member

one piece base and weaver type is the best way to go in your situation

5. pc

pc Well-Known Member

Jonj,

I answered on AR to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Don't look into Badger rings and bases because they hurt the wallet.....thats what I have ordered for my .243 and will get them for the .300 RUM as well.

I was impressed by the reviews I had read about them and thought well you only live once I will shell out for a set. From what others say there brilliant.

6. ricka0

ricka0 Well-Known Member

7. daveosok

daveosok Guest

Just ordered these
    Nice find BigBore.
    156357 Burris 30mm Xtreme Tactical Picatinny-Style Rings Matte High Package of 2
    $39.99
    381092 Burris 30mm Xtreme Tactical Picatinny-Style Rings Matte Medium Package of 2
    $39.99
    383582 Burris 30mm Xtreme Tactical Picatinny-Style Rings Matte Extra High Package of 2
    $39.99

8. marlow 243

marlow 243 Well-Known Member

Ill go with cris on the one piece weaver and warne mounts just from personal exsp. very rugged in hunting conditions. marlow

9. 1doug

1doug Well-Known Member

daveosok did you get me any? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif