Scope Mounting on Win M70 EW

Byrnsey

Guys I have a Winchester M70 Extreme Weather in 7-08 on order and will be putting my Leupold VX-3L 3.5-10X50 on to it. 30mm tube.

What I am after is if anyone can tell me what bases and mounts will definitely fit on the scope and rifle, mounting the scope as low as possible?

Thanks

I have a Win M70 with a Kreiger Palma barrel and a Leupold 6.5-20x56 VX3L (with the half moon cut out underneath). So, it's probably the same clearance as a 50mm.

It's mounted on an EGW 20 MOA picatinny rail using Burris XTR Rings (Med Ht). I've heard others indicate that they prefer to pay extra for the Nightforce rail. I have both and haven't had problems with either.

I use the low rings with my 40mm objective.

-- richard

Richard mine is the 50mm VX3L so yes it has the 1/2 moon cut out too. So I am thinking I can go with a set of lows that will suit a 40mm objective.

My main concern is bolt handle clearance on the ocular.

As he commented nightforce will work. I have their bases and low rings on my 300RUM.

Richard mine is the 50mm VX3L so yes it has the 1/2 moon cut out too. So I am thinking I can go with a set of lows that will suit a 40mm objective.

My main concern is bolt handle clearance on the ocular.

I have not had any clearance issues concerning the occular and/or power adjustment ring with either the 40mm using low rings or the 56mm using medium rings. This may be partly due to the higher rear end of the 20 MOA base.

--richard

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.