scope mount for 7rum

bullelk6

need help to pick a good 20moa mount and rings for rem.700 in 7rum.i will use a vortex viper pst,i dont want to buy things twice.so i want a rock solid mount and rings.the rifle is at the smith i had a holland radial brake installed before i shot it,i didnt want to start a new build with bad recoil so i had the brake installed.i could also use some help on a hand load using berger pills.thanks in advance for all help.

I run Near Mfg. scope rails. Customer service is top notch and the product is second to none. they are a full width rail. You can understand the quality difference pretty quickly. Just be sure to bed whatever you choose. Also, I prefer Seeking or Badger rings. You can't go wrong either way.

I don't like Seekins because of the torx head screws . I like the hex nut like on the Badger mount better for convienience mainly . Also I don't like the step they mill on the inside of the lower on the standard Badger mounts as it can cause the upper ring half to mark the scope tube well it did on one of mine one time.
If getting Badger which are good mounts I would go for the USMC models.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.