Scope Ideas

I really like my Leupold Vari X 3 8.5X to 25X Wind plex. It has a 30 mm Main tube and a 50mm Objective lens. Its on my Weatherby Mark V . in 270 Weatherby Mag . I have shot the rifle and scope combo at the Bang Steel shooting school, at 1000 and 1200 yards last ear and will again this year. Its a medium-priced scope but bright and clear and I love it.

Currently setting up a rifle to shoot deer out to 900yards
It's a Tikka 270wsm 1:8 twist 30"carbon barrel
My question is what scope would you recommend for the task would like a nightforce, but at this stage there probably abit out of the budget for this rig. I would like to hear some options…
What IS your budget?

For most budget setups, a vortex viper 5-25 is hard to beat. Another option is a Tract Toric in a 30mm tube variety

If you want something fairly light weight. Was recommended and I recently purchased a Vortex Razor HD LHT 4.5-22x50mm Rifle Scope, 30mm Tube, FFP, $1499.99 at about everywhere, but got mine for $1199.00 DVOR(optics planet). Others recommended were the following, another that I have is 3.6 x 18 leupold mark V. 35 mm tube. 1799.00 and the nightforce nx8 2.5 x 20 x 50, 30mm tube $1749. The Razor is on its way I looked through the Razor and the Nightforce in the store both appeared comparable to the Leopold which I like. Was told the nightforce is military grade, heavier duty, but the lifetime warranty on the other 2 are very good. Two reasons went with the Vortex, price was less, Razor was a hair lighter than the Leupold, specs on all three were comparable as was the glass. I have another Vortex a recent Xmas present, Vortex a Strike Eagle,5 x25 x56 34mm tube only shot it once, glass is very good, not quite as sharp as the three I reviewed at the store. But considerably less on the price $699.00 have not checked tracking yet(ran out of range time), heavier scope on a heavier rifle, custom 375 ruger.

I put a leupold vx-5 4-20 on my gun it is very crisp and clear. Also a little bit of weight savings compared to others. Khales is killing it of you have the money NF is right there too just heavy scopes but bullet proof. Tons of good glass out there you just have to find your budget range and go look through them and find out what scope is clear or right for you. Not a big fan of vortex but the top line scopes are worth it and everyone loves their warranty. I like scopes that you dont have to rely on warranty and when and if you need it the company takes care of you.

I second this, This is a lot of scope for the money. You can't touch anything near as good for anywhere near this price, even another 400-500. It has a great reticle and great glass and is bullet proof.

Leupold and Trijicon for me. VX6 4-24x50 or Trijicon Ten Mile.

Need to be a bit more clear though, shooting at what at 900yds? Elk and Moose are big targets at any range ground chucks and Rabbits need more magnification at any range.

...the only thing that matters is the size of your wallet and how much thinner you would like it to be...there's a ton of great scopes on the market today from $500 to $5'000...one man's roof is another man's floor...up to you.

I pointed out afew scopes in the bracket I'm looking at and they were in the $1000-$2000 range , I've said I've spent upto $3000 on a scope and not blinked , but this one I'm hoping not to if I can find a quality one that will do the job , so the only thing that matters is what's the scope you would get in that range so I can see it research it and maybe buy it…..

My hunting scope for Nevada is a Bushnell Elite LRTS 4.5 - 18 x 44 with a G3 illuminated reticle in Talley rings.
It sits on a 6.5 PRC Browning X-Bolt Pro lightweight mountain rifle.

How would the Meopta optika 6 5-30 x56 ffp compare to the Athlon Ares ETR 4.5-30x56
Which is better??
I don't think you can really crown one better. It comes down to which one checks more of your boxes. I have the Ares ETR and am very happy with it. I will likely have an optika 6 at some point. The Optika 6 has a locking elevation turret, which has a little bit of inherent slop. I've read reviews that would suggest the glass is apples to apples. Athlon has a reputation of repeatable and accurate tracking. I wouldn't doubt the meopta, but they're not talked about as much as the Athlon.

One downside that I'm dealing with on the Athlon is twilight, when I need the illumination to see the reticle, the lowest setting is a bit too bright and washes out my target. The glass is good enough to see the target but lighting up the reticle all but overtakes it. But I'm talking the last couple minutes of useable light. It's not bad enough to be a deal breaker.