Scope for new gun

You might want to call Andy Backus or Mr. Lynn Backus and ask if they ever get any of the demo Nightforce scopes , if so you can get the ATAC-R much cheaper or the NX8 in a demo . Just a thought and they are great people to deal with !

For a Whelen, I'd go 2.5-10x42 NXS in those Seekins rings. My 9.3x62 just got that scope and must say it is a pleasure to shoot. Had another brand on that rifle and it ate up two of them. Liking my odds with this one.

For a Whelen, I'd go 2.5-10x42 NXS in those Seekins rings. My 9.3x62 just got that scope and must say it is a pleasure to shoot. Had another brand on that rifle and it ate up two of them. Liking my odds with this one.
That's definitely something to consider. I'm expecting some significant recoil reduction with the use of the Elite Iron Sierra suppressor. The rifle won't be dainty either so that should help. We'll see how the Leupold holds up! If she gives me trouble, I'll upgrade.

My main concern with this build is rifle balance. I had the barrel cut to 18" (I considered 16" but I figured it's easier to remove barrel than it is to add). It's my first build and I'm just taking it as part of the learning process. The next one will only be better!

You might want to call Andy Backus or Mr. Lynn Backus and ask if they ever get any of the demo Nightforce scopes , if so you can get the ATAC-R much cheaper or the NX8 in a demo . Just a thought and they are great people to deal with !
I didn't realize they're an accessible resource for demo gear. That's a hell of an idea! Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.