Scope for Hunting and Target

I considered them too but went with the http://www.longrangehunting.com/for...riflescope-w-ballistic-e1-ffp-reticle-130833/ ...

I'll save you the effort of using the search key... The Veracity models are cheaper, and have better optics and reticles for hunting.

Originally Posted by bruce_ventura
...I recently tested the Burris XTR2 4-20x50. I liked everything about it except for color fringing on high contrast objects. I noticed this at the last SHOT Show and hoped it was due to the scopes being early production samples. Apparently not, because the XTR scope I tested was of recent production. The Veracity 4-20x50 does not have this issue. The scopes are made in different factories, so even if the optical designs were the same, the scopes could have differences. The Veracity FFP reticle design is very good. Use the reticle to hold over for quick shots under ~600 yds, and dial elevation for longer shots. The reticle has windage holdover marks on the crosshair.
Source link: http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f18/burris-xtr-ii-147593/

I have been through the whole Sniper 101 video series and man that guy really knows his stuff.

take this into consideration a good set optics will out last several firearms. i understand money is always to be considered, but if you buy the best optics you can you can always move them around to several rifles thus getting more use of them in the long run. I own 3 nightforce optics through the yr they will find homes on 7 to 10 rifles as need dictates.

Bingo. You are in the same position i was in a short time ago. I had a monarch 6-24 and worked well. BBut was thinking just how you are and didn't want to go high end lime on my. 338's I did this exact scope on my 300 win mag for 1000 yards hunting beyond that I bring a better tool. 5-20 shv will keep you grinning for what you wanna do.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.