Scope for 280AI

BEEMAN

Looking for some recommendations for my Cooper 280AI. I would like a 30 mm tube with a MOA reticle. Will only be shooting this gun out to a max of 5-600 yds. Have other guns to shoot farther. Will be using from a tree stand to open fields and cutlines. I would like to keep the weight down a bit less than a NF NXS. From the research I've done the new NF SHV Seems to be the best bang for the buck. Would spend around $1000-1200. Also like the Meopta 2.5-15X56. But for the cost of it I might as well get a NSX. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

If you can live without an MOA reticle I use a VX6 2X12 on mine I sent it back to leupold and had the fine duplex installed, I really like it !

I am very happy with my Vortex Viper HSLR FFPs, and my latest LR rifle is a 280AI. I like MOA rather than MIL, and the reticle in these scopes is a good blend of detail without obstruction. At the center is an small open area with a very precise dot, and I can see plenty of target at max mag and 1000 yards. I play a lot on a 650 yard range with targets of various size, some large and some kinda tiny. No trouble seeing what is needed on either. When dialed down for close shots (by which I mean when I am hunting in a thick brush area, maybe 50 yards max visibility) the details disappear in favor of the basic crosshair shape. You have a bit more budget, maybe have a look at the same reticle in the PST line.

Thanks for the replies. I have a PST on my 300 RUM. It has been a good scope. But the glass on my Sightron S3 8-32x56 on my 6.5 Sherman is better. I ended up ordering a SHV with the MOAR reticle. Was even on sale at the Extreme store. Went with the 4-14x56. I'm sure it will be nice.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.