Scope confusion! Little help

Nightforce SHV?........
Ive got to tell you that I learned my lesson.....There is no substitute for great optics...If need be I would save a little longer and get the quality, otherwise you will be doing it later after having spent money for a scope you ultimately can't use to further your long range skill set.

Nightforce SHV?........
Ive got to tell you that I learned my lesson.....There is no substitute for great optics...If need be I would save a little longer and get the quality, otherwise you will be doing it later after having spent money for a scope you ultimately can't use to further your long range skill set.

So, your message is not misconstrued, are recommending the SHV or not?

Please take no offense but great optics does not necessarily mean $$$, I know guys here that are shooting ~1500 yards with a $299 SWFA scopes. :):Dgun)

Cheers!

Well I had my mind made up in the Vortex Razor HD 5-20 with MOA reticle but they are back ordered for 5 months!!! I honestly do not care for the NXS reticles. Now not sure on what to do.

The SHV is probably the best entry level scope that has the quality you need. I have a few LR students that are using the scope and are happy.
The issue with long range is going to be repeatability with the turret adjustments, Nightforce goes to great length to see that you get that in their scopes.
We are shooting most every week and I have never had any issues, along with having great optical quality these scopes are very durable. I have several rifles equipped the other Nightforce scopes that were put together 3 or 4 years ago that have been knocked around on hunt after hunt and have never changed their zero.

Best of luck

Well I had my mind made up in the Vortex Razor HD 5-20 with MOA reticle but they are back ordered for 5 months!!! I honestly do not care for the NXS reticles. Now not sure on what to do.
I really like the NPR2. It takes a bit to get used to it but once you do it's great.

IOR tactical scopes are great as well. Their MP-8 Reticle is the best I've ever used.

Some people just want a plain crosshair and find everything else an unwanted distraction.

That's just it. I have a few Sightron Siii SS with the DOT reticle. I really prefer no clutter. I don't hold over. When shooting steel at distances, I always just dialed. Made seeing impact a lot easier as well for me. Too bad NXS models don't have a cleaner reticle. Either way, the MOAR T is what I'll be ordering on Monday. I would go with say another Sightron Siii or a Burris XRT, Leupold, Bushnell Elite, etc.....but worried about all the reviews of clarity on high magnification levels. I know that's not an issue with the NXS. Just a lot more $$$$

That's just it. I have a few Sightron Siii SS with the DOT reticle. I really prefer no clutter. I don't hold over. When shooting steel at distances, I always just dialed. Made seeing impact a lot easier as well for me. Too bad NXS models don't have a cleaner reticle. Either way, the MOAR T is what I'll be ordering on Monday. I would go with say another Sightron Siii or a Burris XRT, Leupold, Bushnell Elite, etc.....but worried about all the reviews of clarity on high magnification levels. I know that's not an issue with the NXS. Just a lot more $$$$
IF you want rock hard tough, practical great glass etc look at the IOR tactical line.

I like their MP8 reticle as well as plain mil dot reticles if for no other reason than the fact I hunt alone most of the time and using the hash marks for rapid reference for follow up shots works out very well.

Just spot the splash and shift it over to your target. Much easier for me to do when I can count the hash marks up/down left/right.

I'm not perfect so occasionally I blow a wind call or range and need the extra help.

3-18_10XSmall.jpg
It's even cleaner looking through the scope than it is in this picture.

Bought my first one about five years ago and it didn't take me long to acquire several more.

I really like the 4-14x50 but I think they've discontinued it in favor of a 4-24.

You would probably really like their 4A dot reticle.

4-14x56 30mm Hunting Scope Illuminated 4A Dot Reticule - Valdada Optics

Maybe a NF NXS, or SHV 4-16 F1. I have no issues hitting 16" gong at over a 1000 with either scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.