Scope comparison- Leupold vs huskemaw vs bushnell

TC338

I have a bushnell elite tactical 6-24 with the G2 reticle. I'm looking at adding a new scope to my arsenal. Looking at the Leupold mark 4 with the TS-29x1 reticle or the huskemaw blue diamond 5-20. Maybe a Leupold vx3 with the TS-32x1 reticle if I need to save money. How do the Leupold and huskemaw compare to the bushnell?

I have a bushnell elite tactical 6-24 with the G2 reticle. I'm looking at adding a new scope to my arsenal. Looking at the Leupold mark 4 with the TS-29x1 reticle or the huskemaw blue diamond 5-20. Maybe a Leupold vx3 with the TS-32x1 reticle if I need to save money. How do the Leupold and huskemaw compare to the bushnell?

I can only help you a little with optical comparison. When considering a new scope I took my Swarovski z5 5-25X52 to the store where I could take the Huskemaw out side and compare it with mine. I posted an eye chart on a power pole a little over 300 yards from where I was parked. The scopes were laid on sandbags on top of my car. I fiddled with them for awhile and discovered after a few adjustments they were so close I couldn't tell if one was better or worse than the other. Then I asked the store clerk to do the same. He arrived on a different magnification setting, but both were on the same setting.

If the Bushnell Elite 6-24X has the same glass as the 6500 4 1/2-30X it is marginally better than either the z5 or the Huskemaw. The z5 always needs about 1x to 2X magnification setting more to show me the same detail as the 6500 4 1/2-30X The VX-6 and the 6500 seem to be about the same like the z5 and the Huskemaw are.

The VX-3 is a step behind these based on comparing what I have with what others have at the range.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.