scope choices

midwesthunter

I'm looking for a new scope for my custom 6.5 STW I'm having built. These are what I was thinking about.
Viper PST 6-24
Leupold Mark 4 6-20
Zeiss conquest 6.5-20
Huskemaw 5-20
Bushnell elite 6500 4.5-30
Price range up to $1200.00 range.
Reticle isn't a deciding factor.
MOA turrets
weight isn't a issue either

Last edited:
Tell us more....

Like, price point, desired features, warranty, weight, turret options.........?

There are a bunch of optics threads on site that should shed some light (no pun intended) on your choice........

I'm looking for a new scope for my custom 6.5 STW I'm having built. These are what I was thinking about.
Viper PST 6-24
Leupold Mark 4 6-20
Zeiss conquest 6.5-20
Huskemaw 5-20
Bushnell elite 6500 4.5-30

i have a new leupold #60080, 6x20x50, with m1 dials and TMR reticle if your interested.

I see you updated your post to include your desired traits.....

1200 is the kicker and eliminates the Leupy's for the most part or at least the capable ones.....

All the rest weigh around 22 ounces, give or take so thats a wash......

With me, reticle is always a deciding factor, I don't want thick obscuring cross lines....... and I prefer the reticle to have etched into the glass lines instead of wires.....

The mag spread on the Bushy is questionable in my book. How adjustable between x ranges is it?

That leaves the Carl Ziess, the Husky and the Vortex.

I know zip about Husky's other than their offerings are limited, like 2

Carl Zeiss makes some dandy bino's and spotters so that's a plus

With me, it's a toss up between the Carl Zeiss and the Vortex.

The PST has some nice convenience features plus an illuminated reticle and a one piece tube and I own one. However, that don't make me lean toward the Vortex because I'll probably buy a Zeiss at some point too.

Let you in on a secret... The PST is sold here by an American entity but it's made where the palm trees wave and rickshaws and mopeds travel...... Not sure about the glass. It appears to me as good, it's clear and objects are well defined but who makes it is a crapshoot.

I will say that their owners manual is actually written in correct English without the usual deep oriential mis-spellings and odd phrasings.:D

I'd also consider a Nikon if it was me. I've peered through some Nikon's my hunt companions have and I like what I see...through the glass.

Good glass is LOW and Nikon hails from LOW country......

Hard choice.

Buy one of each and be happy.......

Id go Leupold, then Ziess. I cant tell glass diff in the ones I have. Think Ziess is only one in 1'' tube and least moa.Then Vortex, dont have a Husky or bushnell

And I would go Zeiss, then Leupold. I've looked through both, and prefer Zeiss. Sharper optics to my eye. I've had three Z's. The one I used most was a 4.5-14. I used this scope extensively out to 750 yards, twisting turrets for elevation corrections. The turrets proved to be repeatable and accurate.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.