School me on muzzle breaks

Defiance just finished my action. We'll know in a couple months! You and I talked about your experience with that brake. I will report back as soon as possible!

Steve do you by chance have any pictures of your PK? I am looking to get one for a 300WM and have heard good things about the PK, but I am hesitant as I do not want a giant "slab" on the end of my barrel. (Yes, I know function is more important than looks...but at the same time I want it to look as good as it works). Thanks. Scott

Hey Scott,

I just went and took a pic of a small PK that in on an old barrel. The pic doesn't do justice. Check out Kirby's pics they are better. The small PK would be perfect for the win mag.

Home Page

Steve

I've been very happy with my Muscle Brake on a .300 Win Mag. The felt recoil was greatly reduced yet it isn't as loud as some others. Now I haven't tested too many others, but it works for the rifle. Plus, it isn't as obnoxious looking as some of the others.

CO Shooter,

My buddy has a .338 LM Barrett MRAD with a US Optics scope and an Elite Iron can.
It's a lot go cartridge to shoot.

If I sold my .300 Win mag HS Precision target rifle I'd get something in .300 Norma mag B/C it has the ballistics of a .338 LM without the kick in the shoulder or the wallet. I ain't worried about its "anti-materiel" ability.

Eric B.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts