Schmidt & Bender Precision Hunter Opionions

cash6220

I am in the market for a S&B precision hunter probably in the 3-12x56 and before I purchase one sight unseen I was wondering if anyone have one and what people think about them. Thanks

Not asking about S&B in general, specifically wondering about the precision hunter model. I have Klassic's and a PMII and looking for a high quality optic for my long range deer/elk rifle with target turrets and don't want the mass of a PMII or a NF and I perfeer S&B

Not sure how strong your decision is on the S&B...but there is a potential contender for a hunting scope...it's the Premier Heritage 3-15x by 50mm Hunter:

Premier Reticles | New Products for 2011

There's been some positive buzz about this scope as well as their Light Tactical version. They source the glass from S&B...not sure about the internals...although my 5-25x's Tactical model are extremely robust and have amazing turrets...like the PM II's.

Just thought I'd throw that out there...not to derail your question....just thought there might be a cost savings for a very similar product..IMHO.

Wayne

I just saw a 4-16x 50 that sold on swfa for $1600, I dont even know if that was a good deal?

The S&B Precision Hunters are superior. If you use Mil/Mil then there is not much better scope on the market adjustment and especially clarity wise. You will pick up at lease 15 mins morning and night of shooting time with this scope. I use M4's and Night force each has there positive such as the M4 weight saving but S&B glass is superior and the scopes are the strongest on the market. When you spend 10k + on a hunt the extra shooting time is VERY valuable. You wont be sorry, I sold one and regret to this day.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.