Scent blocking?

Cutty

How many of you guys use scent blocking clothing and or sprays? I'm sure they're useful when bow hunting, but are they necessary when rifle hunting in the backcountry of Idaho/Montana?

Thats funny because the bowhunting outfitters (that I know) swear by carbon based, scent blocking hunting apparel.
rolleyes.gif

I use a cover scent during archery and wash camo in scent free stuff and hang dry outside. During rifle I don't use much in the way of cover scent but I will use something for detecting wind direction and still camo out. I have been busted in the past but have had good luck also. I guess its a matter of the more you are out there the higher chance you have of success.

Years ago I tried all the tricks, washed all cloths in special detergent, dried out doors, stored in plastic bags, bathed with no sent soap dried off in special washed towels. Also wore seasoned rubber boots desented and stored in plastic and dressed outdoors at the hunting site. Used many of the sprays sents etc. I thought I was doing pretty well at eliminating my human scent until one day while in my stand I watched a couple does track me to the tree I was in. I stopped using all that stuff and just made sure the wind was to my advantage. Save your money. If you want to use an attractant, use a cheap after shave, it works just as well.
grin.gif

db

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.