• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Scarcity of RL26

bitbythebug

I'm sure this has been discussed to death somewhere on this forum but the search part of this forum ,imho, leaves a lot to be desired. Why is there no RL26 anywhere on the planet and hasn't been any for many months. There isn't a "Hillary" scare anymore and so the hoarders ought to be satisfied. I was just wondering if anyone had any credible reason why it is so scarce. We, here in Eastern Idaho, have access to all other powders but RL26. anyone know why?
Sorry, I just found out I'm on the wrong forum

Put in for alerts when available at several places. I just got 2 lbs from precision reloading. Gotta be quick tho lol

Production, shipping, and demand.

Alliant orders it from Switzerland so production and overseas shipping hinder its availability somewhat.

It is actually used in many factory loaded ammo so some of it is distributed to ammo manufactures

Alliant has a 2 step sales system...it gets sold to distributors directly from alliant--- then those distributors can sell to dealers so it can take a little time to trickle into the market.

Everybody and their mother seems to want to buy some or stockpile some so when it does become available you have to buy it quick no matter what they are charging.

Alliant just recently received a large order from Switzerland and has shipped to its distributors--- we saw it at natchezss.com and it popped up on sportsmans warehouse website for an hour or so-- but obviously sold out quick-- im still hopefully to see it at other online stores soon, only time will tell.

Last edited:
Thanks. Best powder I have ever found for magnum loads and any cartridge that is overbore