• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Savage small shank 300 wsm barrel package

FrogFire7

Hey guys,

Have decided to list my 300 wsm barrel set up. Got this used so I don't know round count but I suspect fairly low. It's from a model 11. Was originally large shank but had a gunsmith turn it down for small shank. I put 86 rounds through it.

It's a 26" magnum contour, and comes with the "on-off" style savage brake. You twist the brake to open or close the ports. Weighed on my kitchen scale, it's 3 lbs even.

I will include 49 pieces of Hornady brass, and if you want, 14 of the 174 Hammer Hunter bullets (currently loaded). The brass has approximately two firings on it. I bought 100 bullets and loaded them all, have 14 left that I didnt shoot, so that tells you how many times this brass has been fired. I can also include a short action stripped magnum bolt head, you would just swap over your extractor and ejector. I also have a longer firing pin, can't remember for sure if it's necessary to get through the longer WSM bolt head but can sell that too if so.

I'd prefer to keep the headspace go-gauge, but can sell that too if desired (would gladly loan it out to the buyer).

I also have a set of Hornady 300 WSM dies that I can include in the sale if desired.

For the barrel, brass (and bullets- I can pull them before shipping), plastic ammo box, dies and bolt head I am asking $330 shipped.

I used this on one elk hunt. Accuracy was right at 1 moa with no real load development with the hammer bullets. It made for a nice lightweight rig that had great ballistics out of a short action package. I shot it out to 600 yards with consistency in prep for the hunt.

Feel free to comment, question, etc. First "I'll take it" followed by PM gets it. Package is cross posted.

Thanks,

- Jonathan

Attachments

• 20210506_083731.jpg
    20210506_083731.jpg
    435.7 KB · Views: 72
Yep (as long as it's a small shank action). You will need to swap bolt heads, but I included one in the package. Pretty easy to swap over. You will need to use the extractor and ejector from your old bolt head as well.

You would need a different magazine, I could sell one of those as well.

Yeah, an action wrench to hold the action in, and the wrench to take off the barrel nut. If it's a smooth nut, I'd personally replace with one withat the grooves. The smooth ones always get chewed up removing them.

Then you should technically use at least a "go" headspace gauge to set your barrel headspace.

Bump up. Realized that the buyer will likely need a magazine, so for the asking price I will throw in an external mag. Base plate can be removed to use it as a blind mag if needed.

Also, I will include the longer firing pin.