Savage pre-fit 243 AI

Lunchmeat79

Hey Folks, I hope everyone had a great Christmas. Now that the holidays are over I am getting back on my .243 project. I have a savage that I am about ready to rebarrel. I have already bought a B&C target/varmint stock and a good one piece picatinny rail. I have the accutrigger dialed down(may get replaced, but that will be another thread), and am ready to order a new tube. I am looking very seriously to a lilja or kreiger tube. I'm planning on shooting 75gr to 87 gr vmax mostly, but want to be able to throw 105's also. Will a 1-9 spin heavies fast enough? I am thinking about a 29" finished length so it can be set back a time or two. This will be a varmint tube 80% of the time. Also looking at a flat ground recoil lug and a squared barrel nut. Are they worth the money? Just looking for a few thoughts before I spend any $$$
Thanks

with the extra speed a 9 twist MIGHT work but if i were you i would not take that chance. I would go with the 8 twist so that i know that it will shoot the 105s. It will still shoot the 75 and 87s fine as well with no problems

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.