Savage Model 112 Series J 22-250

You buying or selling? Repeater or single action?
The J action Savages where built during the late70s early 80s. If they where long actin then they where just like any other savage. If however they where in a short action caliber the screw spacing was different and finding a replacement stock is a custom deal.
The single shot J actions tend to shoot OK and look something like this. A 25-06 is in the mail and another 708 repeater is on the bench getting put together.

09outandabout%20145.jpg

Thanks for the infomation. I just picked it up from a family member. I tried to find more information on line but no luck. Do you know where I can find ore info? What twist did the 22-250 came in?

What twist did the 22-250 came in?

Dont have one in 22-250 but like my 223 its most likely a 12 twist. They run slower twist in most of the calibars back than they do now. It most likely will shoot 55 grain on down, my bet is it will favor the 40s or 53 grainers? The trigger is a three screw and easily adjusted.
The stocks and scope mounts only fit the short calibar J action, the single shots had a varmint contour barrel and stock with a big palm swell. Some will have a plane walnut stock on them but they did make a few with checkering and even had a delux model that was checkered and some nice wood.
No collector value with them but they make a good enough shooter.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.