Savage model 11?

ermad

I'm thinking about picking up a Savage model 11 heavy barrel in 308Win at my LGS. I work there and we just got in a used one that's in good shape. I work there part time and usually just trade my hours for guns and parts. Sweet deal for me. Any opinions on the rifle? I have a custom 6mm with a Hart stainless barrel and it shoots great, I'm just looking to go up in caliber.

Buy it, shoot it, and enjoy it. The .308 Savage rifles shoot good. Haven't seen a bad one yet.

Buy it, shoot it, and if you get tired of its configuration you can always upgrade it yourself. I just put a 243AI barrel on mine with a McMillan stock on order.

I have a Savage model 11 in 6.5 creedmoor, and so far the gun shoots awesome. The only complaint I have is their doen't seem to be many replacement stock options for this model and don't lose your magazine I saw those plastic mags cost $50 a piece!

I have a Savage model 11 in 6.5 creedmoor, and so far the gun shoots awesome. The only complaint I have is their doen't seem to be many replacement stock options for this model and don't lose your magazine I saw those plastic mags cost $50 a piece!

I agree 100%! There is the B&C A2 that will fit though"

Lots of stocks and chassis will fit the model 11. Look at Savage shooters.com Sharpshooterssupply.com, stocky's among others. B&C and Boyds as well

My opinion any stock over a B&C or lower price HS Precision is crazy to buy. I personally cannot see spending $600+ on a stock. They can't make the gun shoot that much better foe the money. It just becomes a "I have this stock" kind of thing to me. Once again this is my opinion.. How do the Boyd stocks compare to the B&C's?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.