Savage Model 11 Improvements?

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by 260savage, Oct 19, 2013.

1. 260savage

260savage Member

Hey guys I'm a long time reader but first time poster.

I have a Savage Model 11 in .260 that I would like to make some improvements to. It has the accustock and accutrigger. I currently have a Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40 on it. I handmade and have been consistently 1 MOA with Hornady AMax 130 grain over H4350. I would like to make that better

What would you do to improve accuracy and in what order?

Thanks

2. jpd676

jpd676 Well-Known Member

I shoot a Savage predator hunter in .260 with the accustock and accutrigger. I would put a little better scope on it (I'm not sure how good the Diamond back is, maybe it's OK) and do some more load development. I think fine tuning your load will pay off. It is tedious but most Savages will shoot if you take the time to fine tune the load. Then, I would spend more time behind the trigger. I am no expert but trigger time and load development are what pay off for me.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013

3. 260savage

260savage Member

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate the help. Any other opinions out there?

4. snowpro440

snowpro440 Well-Known Member

Bedding , Trigger , and maybe a custom barrel with a new recoil lug, But if it was me I would buy a kreiger barrel in a little heavier contour than what you have then install new recoil lug with bedding the action in the stock then get a sharpshooter supply trigger . That should make it be more consistant with the proper handloads. If you have any more cash get a better scope , like a nightforce . Should be a hammer..!