• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Savage LRP 260 Rem WANTED

hnts4fun

I'm ripping up the web daily looking for this gun. If you have one to sell please pm me. In addition to an outright purchase I have two handguns I'd be willing to talk about working into a trade.

1) AMT Automag .22 Winchester Magnum. Stainless and fired very little. I bought it new in the late 80s.

2) Colt Mustang 380. Stainless with extra mags.

3) Possibly and I'm still not sure about this but possibly a Colt AR-15, marked A2 Govn't, in 223. I bought this rifle new in late 80's or early 90's and it is in excellent shape.

Thanks
Matt

My searches over the last 3 months have been fruitless for this rifle also.
I am just gonna build one.
Good luck in your search

I feel your pain. I actually found one in a local shop today. Searched all the big box stores and they couldnt get one, Go figure. I about fell over when I seen it. Now its home with me. If I see another I will let you know.

Folks,

Thanks for your replies; your response is the reason I'm an LRH member and I appreciate your time. I have sent PMs to a couple of you

izquik72

I've missed out on a couple potential deals and really kicked myself. I've got some information that I think will make you very happy. Read below.

MHO

Congratulations on finding one! You did the right thing by snapping it up.

branwill25

I've had my eye on that vendor the entire time I've been searching for a 260 Remington LRP. I think, looking back on all the time I've wasted searching for the "perfect deal", that his price is excellent... especially considering a $15 shipping fee.

To you guys and anyone else who may be considering drinking the Savage Kool-Aid, I've got some pretty cool information for you.

In all my searching the one company that kept popping up was Northland Shooter Supply. I called the owner/operator yesterday simply to check on availability for a complete Stevens 200 long action ($250).

What knocked my socks off was that Jim Briggs spent 1 1/2 HOURS with me on the phone. What Jim does is buy different Savage rifles from distributors in fairly large quantities. He is not shy about taking these guns apart and making individual parts available to his customers. His objective is for every customer to walk away with the parts to put together the exact rifle he wants.

Savage, arguably, has done a fantastic job of putting products out there in a bewildering array of different configurations but Jim takes that one step further. His prices are very good. He will not assemble the rifles for you but he has everything anyone would ever need to configure their ideal rifle, at good prices; while possessing a wealth of knowledge about Savage firearms.

I'm still interested in hearing from anybody with a LRP 260 Remington, who would be willing to part with it. I think though, the writing is on the wall and there just aren't a lot of LRP's for sale; and those that have them like them a whole lot.

Thanks again!

Matt

Glad I could help. You mentioned the stevens 200 action. That is exactly what I did is I bought a stevens 200 in 243 for $300 at a local gun shop and took the barrel off and replaced it with a Mcgowen 26 inch stainless varmint contour barrel with an 8 inch twist. I then put it in a bell and carlson A2 style stock, installed a rifle basix trigger and worked up a load that punched ragged little holes at 100 yards. I put a Leupold 4.5-14 scope on it that has M1 turret installed with the Ballistics of my load and I can shoot to 1200 yards very accurately. Just the other day I killed some rock chucks at 600 with it. I love my rifle and I love the cost even more. I am into this rifle for less than $2000 total and I know it will shoot as well as most rifles out there. So yes I think that savage is the way to go also. Take care.