Savage lightweight storm ring issue

JasonAL

I have a Savage lightweight storm 7mm-08 that I'm mounting a Leupold VX3HD 2.5-8x36. Ordered Talley lightweight mounts 1" Low and they do not clear the power selector ring, they sent me the model with 8-40 screws that are too large. It appears this model uses 6-48 screws.
I called them before ordering as they recommended the lows instead of the extra lows, I plan on calling them next week to return and inquire about the extended set but have read other forums saying they don't work with size of scope. The 1" main tube is too short for the mounts on either direction.
Any ideas of what rings will work? Not wanting to add a rail trying to keep it lightweight as possible. Thanks.

I have a savage light weight hunter that I put a proof barrel on. I just used regular old weaver aluminum bases. I used an extended base on front because mine is a long action. The weaver bases along with b-square 1" utility rings will get you roughly the same weight as Talley's. Maybe just a 1/4 ounce heavier.if that much.

You can get whatever heights you need in the b-square rings

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210516-201124.png
    Screenshot_20210516-201124.png
    152.7 KB · Views: 46
Update. Returned original rings to Talley and they sent me a set of lows with the offset front. They don't have a lot of room for adjustment, but they do clear and I have plenty of eye relief.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.