• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Savage LA blued mag bolt C.R.F.

James Jones

Looking for a new home , this is oneof the small shank savages long action with the controled round feed and mechanical extractor that they have , mag bolt face.
action is in great shape the logo on the bolt is a little worn but thats it. This is a supprisingly slick action

just action and trigger. $250 shipped.

Last edited:
Was it a small shank RUM action? I thought The RUM's were the only actions that got the CRF with the blade type extractor.

Last edited:
Savage did make a few action for the WSM and RUM with the small shank before moving up to the large shank. Im not 100% sure of this action start to weather or not it started out as the RUM.

The Thought that the small shank Savage action is to weak for the RUM's is ridiculus , think about it the Rem is 1.062"x16 TPI and the Savage is 1.055"x20TPI , ok now thats only .007" differance and that makes the Savage thicker walled before you even factor in that the threads on the Rem are ALOT deaper than the Savage and that thins the Rem out even more so in reality the Savage action would be stronger , the trouble lies when the actionis setup with the barrel nut because the barrel's max diameter around the chamber is only 1.055" instead of 1.250 like the Rem. So if you set the Savage up like the Rem and have a 1.250" shouldered barrel setup its actualy a stronger action. The Bolt head on a Savage is investment casted , and alot of foks shy away from them because of that but ask anybody who has ever cut a Savage bolt head they are WAY harder than the Rem 700's and the lugs are also a good bit thicker. If I had to put money of the stronger of the two actions having them both barreled the same I'd bet on the Savage.
This action can be built into a RUM or a Lapua just as well as a Rem 700 , you won't get as many after market parts for it but it can be had for $125 less also.
Anybody who buys this action has the option to get a sweet deal on a good 30 cal barrel also.

YO! James,

Will a Savage 7mm rem mag barrel screw onto it?

If its doable with the the 7mm Mag, no hot loads;) put my name on it, unless I tell you different.

I'm acquiring parts for a personal build for a duffus son in law.

Roy

Hey Roy ,the regular Savage barrels will fit it fine all you will need is the nut , recoil lug and bottom metal.

And remember we were/are the dufas son in law at some point.

he can't be that bad if your building him a gun , and since your the first one to speek up its all yours.
I'll PM ya.

CRAP!!! I wish I would have seen this last night. This is the perfect action for the long action 7mm WSM I want to build. Its hard to find a CRF action. Let me know if this deal falls through. I'm very interested.

Savage did make a few action for the WSM and RUM with the small shank before moving up to the large shank. Im not 100% sure of this action start to weather or not it started out as the RUM.

The Thought that the small shank Savage action is to weak for the RUM's is ridiculus , think about it the Rem is 1.062"x16 TPI and the Savage is 1.055"x20TPI , ok now thats only .007" differance and that makes the Savage thicker walled before you even factor in that the threads on the Rem are ALOT deaper than the Savage and that thins the Rem out even more so in reality the Savage action would be stronger , the trouble lies when the actionis setup with the barrel nut because the barrel's max diameter around the chamber is only 1.055" instead of 1.250 like the Rem. So if you set the Savage up like the Rem and have a 1.250" shouldered barrel setup its actualy a stronger action. The Bolt head on a Savage is investment casted , and alot of foks shy away from them because of that but ask anybody who has ever cut a Savage bolt head they are WAY harder than the Rem 700's and the lugs are also a good bit thicker. If I had to put money of the stronger of the two actions having them both barreled the same I'd bet on the Savage.
This action can be built into a RUM or a Lapua just as well as a Rem 700 , you won't get as many after market parts for it but it can be had for $125 less also.
Anybody who buys this action has the option to get a sweet deal on a good 30 cal barrel also.

No need to convince me. I had a little devil on my shoulder telling me to send you some money and turn this thing into a 338 Edge. This action is screaming to be turned into some sort of Ultra chamber. I'm a little dissappointed that Roy wants to screw a plain ol' 7mm mag barrel onto it.:) How about an STW instead?:D

Also, to add to your comments. The only barrel nut problems I have ever heard of were the large shank nuts splitting on Ultra chambers, never on a small shank like this one.

Tyler,

Its for my duffas son-in-law,:D A flippin' National Guard, cannon cocker, or something. Also father of 4 of my grand children. Pretty good kids in spite of him.

For shooting those mobile big guns, he's pretty impressed by the LRH thing. He thinks Long range is 300 yards. And shot a decent buck once but that was pure luck, or bad destiny for that deer. It was just his day to die.:D An that was with a pecker wood 243:rolleyes:

He was quite pleased w/breaking small rocks, grape fruit size, at 500 meters with the 270 AM.

Maybe I can get him to go w/a RUM or STW but he's a tight wad.

All this is written as I know he will be reading this thread.:D:D

Come on up Doc and I'll show you how to shoot.:D