• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Savage custom 30-338 Lapua IMP

Chase Curtis

This rifle started out as a savage 338 lapua...Its now a 30-338 lapua improved *40

savage 338 lapua action
broughton 5c 31" sendero countour 10tw
NF 20moa rail
JP tac brake
stock is the accustock that came on it.. I know its not the fanciest.. but it actually served its purpose.. and its light weight.
whole rig w/o optics is 12.5lbs.

(no scope or bi-pod) you get rifle and 1 mag.

I saw 3270 with the 225 hornady but the 230 berger shot much better...

Only selling to build another rifle... no dies are included as I need them for next build...

30-338.jpg

300lm.jpg

300lapuaformed.jpg

30-338target.jpg

that was 8 shots at 100. (thats only a 3" target)
round count is exactly 90rds.
barrel broke in properly

I am selling this for exactly what i have in it.. that is $2000

Do you know what kind of barrel life one can expect out of a 30-338?
What speeds were you getting out of the 230 Bergers, & what's the OAL of the Mag? NICE RIG!

Wayne

I would assume around 1000 rounds maybe a little more.. Before accuracy will differ... But it's defiantly got enough to last a hunting career. I didn't chrono the 230 Berger.. But that's what that pic was shot with and being only 5gr more than the 225 that I did chrono.. I would say 3220-3250.. Or call it over 3200 EASY!
I've actually shot 1 hole three shot groups... With the 230

Might could even be pushed harder but looks like accuracy node is right there...

The OAL... Is a perfect match between mag length and seating depth...

3.710 is what I used for the 230 and that's about a 5 thou jump.. Mag length is righ around 3.720ish

I should also say the reason for selling this one and building another is I have enough "hunting rigs" next one will be a heavy comp style rifle... Yes it's a lot of gun but I feel the accuracy potential from what Ive seen is awesome...

I priced it right at what I have in it...literally.. But I am not oppose to reasonable offers...