Savage BMAG Stocks at Boyds

Nimrodmar10

I just ordered a Featherweight Thumbhole laminated replacement stock for my BMAG from Boyds for $99. Just became available this morning. Several models showing. Enjoy.

I just ordered a Featherweight Thumbhole laminated replacement stock for my BMAG from Boyds for $99. Just became available this morning. Several models showing. Enjoy.
i ordered a tacticool for my Bmag and while I was there i ordered an ss evolution for my marlin 917.. woo hoo can't wait

I have a evolution for a savage 93.
I bought the trigger guard and mag well trim from Boyds.
I believe you would have to do some woodwork if you were to utilize your original bottom metal.

There is no metal floor plate or trigger guard on the BMAG. It just a cheap plastic piece with a plastic trigger guard molded in.
I spoke with a fellow at Boyds, and he said the bottom plastic cover plate / trigger guard will be eliminated and the new stock will have a metal trigger guard on it.

I got the thumbhole stock in pepper. My question is this. on the wesite there isn't any trigger guard on the picture, plus the floorplate's molded with the trigger guard. so what do I use for a floorplate and trigger guard ?

I just got my stock in today and input it all the together but it appears that the slot for safety slide is not deep enough and I cannot engage the safety. I have a call into to boyds but still have not received a call back. Anybody else have this problem?

I just got my stock in today and input it all the together but it appears that the slot for safety slide is not deep enough and I cannot engage the safety. I have a call into to boyds but still have not received a call back. Anybody else have this problem?

I got my stock today - same problem with the safety. After a lot of tinkering, I realized that the problem with the safety has nothing to do with the cut out around the safety. The problem is that the bolts that are used with the original BMAG stock are too long. If you take your gun apart and screw them back in without the stock, you'll see that eventually it'll interfere with the safety and prevent it from sliding. Gotta find some washers to fit in there or get a shorter bolt.

Hope that helps.

Otherwise, the stock is really beautiful.

For those of you that are wondering, the stock comes with a plastic trigger guard. I haven't shot mine since I got the new stock, but then again, I wasn't really dissatisfied with the performance before - I just wanted a better stock. Once assembled, I found that the Boyd stock free floated the barrel all the way back to the receiver.

Posted on another B-mag site......

ATTENTION CUSTOMERS: To assemble, you will need to use the two escutcheons and action screws from the original.

If you use the escutcheons you won't have a problem with the safety. The escutcheons are the metal pieces in your original stock that kept the action screws from falling out of the stock when the action was removed

In the owners manual, on page 30 the escutcheons are the parts numbered 556 and referred to as stock pillars.

Hope this helps.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.