EGW 20MOA Rail
TPS Rings
Zeiss 3.5-10x44 with Retro Turrets
Glass and Pillar Bedded with Marine Tex
Krylon.........................

Wid_Maker_1-1.jpg

300wsm_175vld_2-1.jpg
Select

That is a very nice looking rifle, and it shoots!! How do you like the Rifle Basix trigger? What do you have it set at? Thinking about getting one for my remington.

Stu.

Thanks guys.

Trebark:
I was quite surprised also by that ES also. I shot 1 round of each load and started back over to complete the cycle. It's a Pro Chrony Digital so you never know! I'll probably try 61.3 next since the POI seems to have shifted to the right after the 60.7 charge. I didn't have my Chrony centered correctly so after the first few shots, I lost one on the 61.1 grainer. The 62.0 and 62.3 not shown gave me a stiff bolt so I backed off of them. Hot in TX that day!

Kiwi3006:
I think you will like the Rifle Basix Trigger. I've used this one for several years now and on different builds and it's easy to adjust without any noticeable creep. Right now it's a hair less than 3 lbs. I once had it at 1 ¾ to 2 lbs and while sitting on a ladder stand in 26 deg weather for a couple of hours, a 21" inside spread 8pter chased a doe across a narrow gas line and by the time the safety came off and the butt touched my shoulder, it fired! The only problem is I didn't have the buck in the crosshairs yet. Clean miss at 75 yds about 10 yds in front of him. Luckily, he stopped in the tree line wondering what happened and 175 vld (H4350/2975fps back then ) put him on my wall! Lesson to be learned…….Cold fingers and light trigger pulls don't go together!

Sounds like the trigger is good. I must admit I like the 1 - 1 1/2 lb trigger, never really had to hunt in cold like you guys get so not too worried about the cold finger/light trigger prob.

Stu.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.