• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Savage 12 LRPV shilen select match 260ai

hitemhard

Savage 260 AI:
Savage Precision Target single shot right bolt/left port
.473" bolt face
Shilen stainless select match 26" 1 in 8 twist barrel, straight 1" contour
Hs precision stock
Warne 20 MOA picatinny base
Duracoated in flat OD green
Stockade bolt handle & lift kit installed

This rifle will shoot 1/2moa easy and I have all of the load data to go along with it. It uses a nice combo of varget and 139gr scenar or 140vld both shoot awesome. It shoots fireformed loads at just over 2900fps with the 140 class bullets. I just shot this rifle out to 1200yards this weekend and man this thing is awesome. I would not be afraid to take a 1000yd shot at animal with this.

Not included but available
I have dies for this along with 60 fireformed lapua brass and 40 unfired ready to load. Even the fireforming load is about 1/2moa. The eagle stock pack is available to buyer for minimal cost.

Not included
scope or rings, bipod, rear shooting bag.

Price is $1000+ shipping you can choose who and it will be actual price.

Pics
IMGP6134.jpg

IMGP6136.jpg

IMGP6137.jpg

IMGP6138.jpg

****, thats one nice rig, my gun fun is at 0 right now or i'd be all over pursueing this, if you are interested in trades, give a shout back.

I would be interested in 260 ackley dies if you will sell separate Please let me know

the dies are only available to the buyer/trader, otherwise I will just keep them.

thanks for the intest though

What is the fire forming process you used? Have you used this on game or would you use this on white tail deer?
Thanks

to fireform I run 243 lapua brass throught the 260ai sizing die to get the neck the right size. then I run a standard 260 rem load through it. then I ream out the inside of the neck slighty (easy with sinclairs tool). then it is ready to fire full 260ai loads.

you can skip the first sizing and inside neck reaming if you would like to just use standard 260 brass, but lapua doesn't make it and I almost soley use lapua brass.

Its really not hard and I have some fireformed lapua 1x available to buyer/trader.

hope this helps scott

almost forgot I have not used it on game but I would for sure a berger 140vld at 2900fps still has 800ft/lbs of energy at 1000yds. way enough to put down a deer with good shot placement of course.

forgot to mention nosler now make 260rem brass so with one fire you could be ready to rock with quality brass.

I also have a spare brand new shilen select match ss 260ai 8 twist with identical contour available to purchaser of rifle. It is ready to thread on.

dies sold but the barrel is still available and I am open to offers. shilen select match stainless 8 twist ratchet rifled in standard lrpv contour.