Savage 111 with nikkon scope review

alaskansavage

I just recently bought a savage model 111 with the nikkon scope in 7mm mag. I did quite a bit a research before I made purchase from what I noticed when I first took to the range the nikkon scope had real nice clarity and rifle shot great. After the first few rounds the scope almost fell off because the recoil loosened the screws on the rings I tightened them and tried again but they just kept coming loose replaced the rings and was putting 3 shot groups with in a half inch at 250 yards so just wanted to write about it since other people's post had helped me make an informed and good purchase I wanted to return the favor. Hope someone finds this info helpful

Thanks for the write up. Just purchased a 111 in 300 win. mag and can't wait to get it. Maybe a Huskemaw :rolleyes: for a birthady present. Just wondering how the bedding is from the factory on these stocks
? If it is good I'm going to remove it and have a professional do a custom camo job on it.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.