Savage 110 short action aftermarket options for stocks?

I saw Greyboe had stocks for the Savage 100 Ultralite now. Worth checking into. I was at least going to get one for my ultralite. Those stocks suck.

.........The predator model rifle I bought has metal "bottom metal". It fit the inlet ok, but the front action screw was too short. A quick trip to the hardware store for a 1/4-28x1" button socket cap screw remedied the problem......
In changing stocks and action screws, pay particular attention to length and depth of screw channel. I put an after market stock Bravo on a Tikka T1x 22LR and my accuracy was gone? It turned out the action screw would compress the material of the new stock and tighten against the barrel. Two indications: the screw went from loose to instant 40inLbs & during investigation noticed metal grooves on barrel thru action screw hole. Put a flat washer over screw and could then torque action screw incrementally from 10 to factory recommended. And accuracy returned and even improved slightly with only 30 inch pounds.

I had a buddy invite me on a prairie dog hunt in about 6 weeks, seemed like a good excuse to buy a rifle. Found a Savage 110 Predator in 204 Ruger, and it turned out to be pretty accurate. The stock, however doesn't have enough palm swell for my liking, would prefer a more vertical grip, and the forend is too narrow.

Hoping someone here has knowledge of good options out there for quality after market stocks to fit a Savage 110 short action, bottom bolt release. I'm open to changing out the bottom metal if I need to in order to get something to fit.
Probably McMillan

I've had a Choate tactical on mine for 5 years. A bit bulky, heavy but they are very stiff and indestructible. Polymer over aluminum frame.
They are available set up for the bottom bolt release, as mine also has. I took about 3/8" off the forearm width and it feels a bit less bulky.
Stock availability is the Achilles heel of the 110 bottom bolt release.
Good luck

This stock is designed around the proof barrel. How much gap is there in the barrel channel?
It's about perfect (barrel is free floating with minimal gap) for the fluted heavy barrel on the Savage Predator

IMG_3406.jpeg

IMG_3405.jpeg

I had a buddy invite me on a prairie dog hunt in about 6 weeks, seemed like a good excuse to buy a rifle. Found a Savage 110 Predator in 204 Ruger, and it turned out to be pretty accurate. The stock, however doesn't have enough palm swell for my liking, would prefer a more vertical grip, and the forend is too narrow.

Hoping someone here has knowledge of good options out there for quality after market stocks to fit a Savage 110 short action, bottom bolt release. I'm open to changing out the bottom metal if I need to in order to get something to fit.
MDT has some really nice chassis for the savage.

I own a 110 tactical amd its one of my favorite rifles. Part of the awesomeness with these rifles is how well they perform especially at their price point. For me the standard stock was fine to introduce myself into long range shooting but afyer a while I would say it depends what you want to do with it. I went MDT but the Bell&Carson would be a great option too...

I have yet to handle a savage that was not accurate. I even have a cheap axis model in 7mm-08 that shoots fantastic. Paid $400 bucks for it. I am the 7mm man....;)
Same thing here with savages. I even got one for hunting Africa because they are cheap and shoot so good. Didnt want to have an expensive gun stolen over there.

Well I am slow to the party. Another option I didn't see thrown out is the HS precision.. they make one that came on a few savage models with a great palm swell and wide forends. Not ultralight but great grip to them. I have played in the savage world for years, the biggest issue seems to be how much they change things a little bit... action screw spacing, bottom or top bolt release, plastic or metal bottom metal or just build the bottom metal into the stock, flat back or round back receivers.... oh and now they are messing with the models. 110s was always a long action model.. they put all calibers in 1 action. When they made a short action... it was a 10, 11, 12, 14, or 16. The long action models where always three digit 110, 111, 112 you get the idea. Yet now around bottom bolt release time they are all 110s. So fun. However they shoot great shooters and very easy to build up and down without metal working equipment. Sorry for the savage rant. Where out here in SD are you headed? Conata basin near wall got most of the prairie dog colonies closed to shooting.

For anyone else looking check out the Grayboe who is now making them also. Watch for their sales and you can get a very nice stock from them. Owners are the original founders of McMillan.