Specs:
Completely stock Savage 110 fcp HS in 338 Lapua
Leupold mark 4 scope
Lapua brass
280 grain Barnes LRX bullets
Federal 215 magnum match primers
84.4 grains of Retumbo
.100 off the lands
shot at 100 yards (thats all i have access to at the moment)
going 2715 fps
3 shot group
forgot to add, shot by my 10 year old little brother (i'm 13)

just curios, have you guys ever had to adjust your loads as round count on the brass increases?

Wow, that's a nice setup and some outstanding shooting. I've been thinking about buying one of these rifles for a while now and have struggled to find both accuracy based range reports and a commonly accepted list of components that deliver on the accuracy. Thanks for sharing the information and I'm definately jealous right now!

Thank you, my dad couldnt make up his mind between the fcp or the long range hunter and i told him that the better stock and the extra weight on the fcp would probably help accuracy. It weighs 14.2 lbs loaded weighed on a bathroom scale

Last edited:
hopefuuly this weekend if the wind isnt blowing too bad (fingers crossed) my dad and i will do some shooting with it at 500 or 600 yards.

i noticed that the bullet holes arent cut clean. is this from the bullets not being fully stabalized in such a short distance?

great shooting ! have you tried any of the 300 grain bullets with other powder combinations ?

I just got back from the range today and shot a .404 ctc group in 10-15 mph wind gusts with the same load for the Barnes Lrx at 100 yards. Vertical was about .115 ctc. The horizontal is what got me. I think its time to stretch her legs out. :) On longer range shots when velocities are approching 2200 fps and below would a shoulder shot be prefered over a behind the shoulder shot to ensure expansion?

Has anyone loaded with Hornady 225sst bullets, if so can you tell me what the best group you got, and with what loads. I worked up a couple of different loads, using a couple of different powders. I used the H1000 and the H4831. CCI primers large rifle magnum. What is the best grouping people are getting at 200 yds starting point..
gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.