Savage 110 BA Law Enforcement, 300 Win Mag

Beelzebub

Need down and dirty real quick on this rifle. Just about to pull the trigger on buying one but thought I would get honest pros and cons from first hand experience shooter.

Good or bad; please give your opinion of this weapon.

tks,
Bee

I've shot a 110BA in 300WM that one of my friends owns. I've own a 110BA in .338LM.

My friend's 110BA in 300WM gets one hole accuracy at 100, and nice little clover leaf holes at 200. Didn't shoot farther since we only had access to 200. It is long and heavy, and sort of a pain to stuff in the back seat of a mid sized sedan in a pelican. I wouldn't plan on hauling it around the countryside as a hunting rifle.Recoil is pretty mild with the weight and the muzzle brake. The muzzle brake also makes it pretty darn loud.

I got a group slightly under 2" at 350 yards with my .338LM a few years ago.

Some say it is ugly, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like the looks.

I would pick one up if I came across it.

I HAD a 10BA , it was heavy, beautiful, and very very accurate.

If you are thinking about hunting with it you're not going to be happy.
If you are thinking about having a precise machine to shoot tiny groups at distance you ARE going to be happy.

Attachments

• 20131205_192304.jpg
    20131205_192304.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 178
hanks for input gentlemen. I appreciate it. I'll be shooing it out of shooting houses. All with 16" platforms all the way around. Still undecided about the buy. Can get one on Gun Broker for $1650 + $30 shipping. Plus another $50 for a dealer to bring it in. Still more than $700 cheaper than the same dealer can sell the gun to me!!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.