SAUM’s Share yours from Hunting or Comp. Pics Heavy !!

6.5 SAUM: Impact action, Stuteville barrel, diamond pro trigger and MDT ACC chassis. Still working up loads but IMR 7828 is shaping up nicely.
20220917_222633.jpg

Would you mind sharing your build components, that's a pretty AR. How's the feeding?
Thanks
X-Caliber 8t 28" HBAR fluted. 875" gas block +2" gas AP lower KAK upper Odin O2lite WMD nickel carrier kak bolt smoke composites stock aero chargehandle elfman trigger aero agb. Trying to find a knights armament mag, but for now using LaRue. Still in a build phase. Weight without optic and mag is ~9#4ozs. I'll probably be changing the receivers, handguard and small parts that'll make it 1#+ lighter. Receiver changes alone removes 12ozs. I have no loaded ammo for it, but do have the brass. I have had an offer of some factory ammo that'll hopefully fit the mag (~2.860-2.870"ish).

6.5 SAUM
Terminus Apollo
26" Benchmark/HCA 1-7.75 Tw
TT Diamond TS
Manners LRH with mini chassis
Hawkins Hunter Bottom Metal and rings
Built by Justin Linenbach KPR
153.5 Bergers, Retumbo @ 3,024 (fairly mild load)
140 Berger EH, H4831SC @ 3,150 (super mild load)
****Going back to OP. The Saum's are incredibly efficient. I am not leaning on mine very hard and getting some great velocity with sub MOA accuracy. Beats the crap out of a PRC without maxing it out. To top it off, mine is somewhat hamstrung by being a "short action" If it was a mid or long I would have quite a bit more room for powder. Those 153.5's and 156's are seated pretty deep.
My next build will be a 7SAUM on a LA.
Now if Alpha or Lapua would step up with some brass so we have something other than ADG.....not that ADG is not good. Just sayin.
6.5 SAUM.jpg
6.5 SAUM 2.jpg

Last edited:
What bipod is attached and how stable is it? Worth it?
Hatch Outdoors. Best hunting bi-pod I have found yet that can go from prone to sitting and everything in between, and doesn't weigh a ton. Stability is not as good as my Atlas for prone. But for the country I hunt an Atlas is typically not tall enough.
As far as cost, I believe I paid around $300 for it. Is it worth it? For me yes.

Is that an NX8? If so, what power range? Also, how do you like it?
Yes NX8, 4-32 F1 MOAR reticle. I have 3 of them, 2 hunting rigs and on my PRS rifle. I like to keep things as close to the same as possible on all my rigs. The only gripe is the eyebox is not very forgiving, but this can be mitigated by getting your cheek and LOP as perfect as possible.

Last edited: