San Juan Utah LE early ALW Elk

horse killer

My brother drew this tag and he is laid up with a broken pelvis. So I am in charge of gathering information. He should be back up at it early August. will be able to scout for 5 days in late August and arrive 5 days prior to the of the season. Any information on this unit would be appreciated. Not opposed to going guided but. Not sure what the medical bills will be. We do have some experience elk hunting having hunted the last 20 years in Idaho plus 2 DYI in Nevada.

My brother drew this tag and he is laid up with a broken pelvis. So I am in charge of gathering information. He should be back up at it early August. will be able to scout for 5 days in late August and arrive 5 days prior to the of the season. Any information on this unit would be appreciated. Not opposed to going guided but. Not sure what the medical bills will be. We do have some experience elk hunting having hunted the last 20 years in Idaho plus 2 DYI in Nevada.
Just moved back to San Juan county after 10 years away but this is home as I was raised here. I know all the guides as most are my friends. If you need help with a guide let me know. I can also point you in the right direction but it's been ten years since I really hunted elk ridge etc hard. Let me know how I can help.