Same Bullet Lot #s - What are the Chances?

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
What are the chances of getting the same lot number on bullets from different retailers at different times?
I recently bought 2,000 Berger 338 - 300gr OTMs from (4) different retailers and (1) private seller over two-three months. One box of 500 and fifteen boxes of 100. I just placed the bullets boxes in my reloading center and today I wanted to place then on their shelves. I also like to keep the same lot numbers together. Well when I started to look at the lot #s starting with the 500 box I had several 100 per box with the same lot. I said this couldn't be real? Ended up with the 500 box and thirteen of the 100 per box with the same exact lot# and then (2) other 100 per box with another lot #.
I will have to say these will be my special bullets since they came from different places at different times all from the same LOT.
For those of the few that may want to post that I am a HOARDER - Spare it. These bullets are readily available from retailers and private sellers (in fact the private sellers are trying to sell what they have because of the market availability and prices. Along with that I have notified a lot of other shooters where to buy and for the best prices.

Last edited:
I actually had this happen to me this year as well. Traded @Varmint Hunter (New York) a couple boxes of Berger 140 Elites for a couple boxes of 135gr Classic Hunters. A couple months later purchased 3 boxes of Berger 135gr Classic Hunters through @338 dude (Tennessee) and all five boxes were the same lot number! I should've went straight out and bought a lottery ticket. 😇

I actually had this happen to me this year as well. Traded @Varmint Hunter (New York) a couple boxes of Berger 140 Elites for a couple boxes of 135gr Classic Hunters. A couple months later purchased 3 boxes of Berger 135gr Classic Hunters through @338 dude (Tennessee) and all five boxes were the same lot number! I should've went straight out and bought a lottery ticket. 😇
I bought a loto ticket and won $16.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is not hoarding if you use them.
Well I was going to polish all of them up (1,000) and place them on a Black painted block , equally spaced - standing up to the sky, then take the contrast - pictures of them at several angles.
Then sell the "Artist Pictures" on GB for a small fortune!!!!
So that will be using them???

Thanks
Len & Jill