Sambar Deer Hunting

What kinda bullets are you using

For all my hunting life I have used a more explosive projectile like the Hornady SST and with the same shot placement in the neck the deer usually drop on the spot. With the long range gear I have swapped over to the Berger VLD hunting 168gr in the 7mm rem mag. I will have to change my thinking of shot placement with these as they obviously have more penetration and require more resistance for full expansion. As all things with hunting and life we are continually learning!!!!

Take it as you want but I use the 162 a max out of my 7mmstw and 7mm rem mag and it is a killing machine. Lots of elk,deer and bears killed with it out of my stw. I would suggest trying them but to all there own.

What kinda bullets are you using

Take it as you want but I use the 162 a max out of my 7mmstw and 7mm rem mag and it is a killing machine. Lots of elk,deer and bears killed with it out of my stw. I would suggest trying them but to all there own.

I am hearing you mate. If the next Sambar doesn't go down with a traditional shoulder shot I will be looking at all alternatives.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts