Salt Bath Annealing Doesn't Work! by AMP

How well does the CShooter jig stand in the lee bath? Solid, tippy, better options? Probably oughtta start compiling data ie... temp, time, cal, neck thickness to help cut down the learning curve.

SBA works and the science is there to prove it. Lots of good threads regarding this article of AMPs. Not a factual report IMO. What would a normal guy buy? A $1k AMP setup or $100 SBA setup. I have done thousands of rounds(mainly edge, rum and nosler cases) with SBA and got rid of the torches.
Flame suit on...

Not plugging Anealeeze but I've gotten pretty good results. I found that using Templaq on the inside of the neck of a few cases, starting low and working up til it just starts to melt takes a lot of the guesswork out. I do it every other firing now. I've dropped my SDs down to as low as 4fps in cases that have been cycled up to 7 or 8 times in 7mmRM and other calibers. Depends on how hot the loads are. Loose primer pockets or occasional split necks become the limiting factor in brass life for me now. Even in those cases their last life firing yielded velocities within single digit SDs.

I don't see anything wrong with it, but I also don't understand the perceived need for a stand-off.
Been dip annealing for several decades with no stands.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.