• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Sako TRG for sale

ahk

I've got an unfired Sako TRG-42 in .338 Lapua. Comes with a NIB Sako low profile Picatinny rail, 20 rounds of Black Hills ammo, owner's manual and Pelican 1750 case. I don't have the box because it was immediately put into the Pelican case where it has languished for 4 years. I just don't have the time to justify getting into it, so I shoot my .243. Asking $3495 firm.

I am an Ohio resident. The gun is near Akron. If you are out of state, I cannot simply sell this to an unlicensed person as I am not a licensed person. If you are within driving distance of Akron, OH then I believe that it is legal to do the transfer through an FFL. And, because it is a long gun, you might take it with you from same FFL.

Attachments

• IMG_3096 _ Resized.jpg
    IMG_3096 _ Resized.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3097 _ Resized.jpg
    IMG_3097 _ Resized.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3098 _ Resized.jpg
    IMG_3098 _ Resized.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 14
That's a nice rifle. If you are comfortable shipping, you can mail it to the buyers FFL (usually a firearms shop) and they do the transaction. So once it gets to the FFL and the buyer passes the background check then the rifle is now registered to them. There are FFLs that will take firearms from private individuals. Hopefully that will expand your potential pool of buyers. Once again awesome rifle and GLWS.

Hi vegas steve, Thanks for your reply. I may be misunderstanding what I've read at BATFE, but I think that I can only do face to face with another OH resident. And I am more than happy to do that with any legal OH resident who may legally possess a firearm.

Last edited:
you can ship that thing to any FFL in the country. Ohio does have some backwards laws but you are fine to ship it.

Free bump for ya. I shoot a trg and I love em. In my opinion they are the ultimate long range hunting rifle. Flush fitting magazine, safety in the trigger guard and the 60 degree bolt throw along with the infinitely adjustable stock not to mention the Incredible accuracy makes them hard to beat for a gun you can buy off the shelf and be shooting tomorrow with no waiting to have it built. I plan to have one in 300win and 308 in the future as well. Whoever buys this will not be dissapointed.

Thanks Tmnpmg and backyard sniper. If anybody is in OH, I'd also be open to face-to-face trade + cash offers.

ahk, I have a friend looking for a 338 Lapua. If you can find a FFL gun dealer in your area that will accept inspection of the firearm you own, that it is ANIB, hand you his Certified Bank Check or M.O. I may have a buyer for you, but here's the deal?

You only have 5 posts, and more importantly you have no history on here with any sales. It's very hard to trust $3,500.00 to be handed over with zero guarantees from someone with no history. You'll need to find a gun dealer willing to accept being a middle man for the transaction. Too often some people get taken by sellers that don't have morals, and can make transactions like this hard to do across State Lines.

I've done thousands of dollars worth of business on here and other web sites like this as well as GA.com on both sides, buying and selling, but you'll need to do a little leg work for a buyer to satisfy their lack of trust IMO to make a sale like this that's not face to face.

Let me know if that sounds like something you'd be willing to do, and more importantly finding a reputable gun deal that will make such a transaction in your area. It's just not as easy as laying out that kind of cash with no recourse to the buyer.

Hi LongrangehunterII, Thanks for your post... A possible buyer in my state approached me. He pm'ed me after posting a reply... Like I told him, I needed cash when i put the add up and had forgotten that the ad was still up. If I sell it, he's first...