• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED .338 Lapua Sako TRG For Sale

mt_archer

I just got my 338 Allen Xpress, so I no longer have much need for my Sako TRG 338 Lapua. It has shown promise in load development, but I have not yet settled on the best all around load for it. This is the latest model trg with the 1:10 twist barrel. It has the 3.75" magazine. I am selling the rifle, the Sako bipod, Sako muzzle brake, and the pinned picatinny base (I think it is the badger ordnance). 'Rifle will be shipped in the original factory box. The price DOES NOT INCLUDE the sling or the Nightforce 5.5-22x56 scope, rings or BORS, but if somebody really wanted them, I would part with them, too. The rings were too low for the new rifle, so the new one already has a new nightforce w/zerostop, which will not work with the BORS (but lots of my other rifles will).

Round count is presently 147 handloads and 10 HSM factory loads, for a total of 157 shots. I have shot lots of small groups at 100 yards, but that is not my focus for a rifle like this. The better test of accuracy is in the long range groups, and I have 13 three shot groups at 500 or 1000 yards listed in my log book. They are various powders, charges, OAL (but all set to fit in mag), weather, wind, etc, as follows:

250 smk 4" @500
250 Rocky Mountain 3.25" @500
300 Berger 5" @500
250 RMB 3" @ 500
250 RMB 7" @ 500 (2 w/in 2" and one flyer, not sure if it was me, load, or rifle)
250 RMB 2.75" @ 500
250 RMB --no measurement, 1000 yard target, 2 @ 5" in bottom right corner due to miscalculation, 3rd shot a miss
250 RMB 7" @ 1000
275 4" @ 500
300 Berger 5.5" @ 500
250 Accubond 3" @ 500
250 AB 5" @ 500
250 AB 4" @ 500

By my calculation, not including the 1000 yard group where I missed a shot, the other dozen average just under .8 MOA. I am probably not as good a shot as many of the rest of you guys, so I expect that could be improved upon. To be fair, I put in the bad with the good. Also, I would have likely worked back around to the 250 Rocky's, which were doing a bit better than the rest.

Rifle has only gone to and from the range, never been in the field. As near as I can tell, it looks just like when it came out of the box. I do not think there are any scratches or marks anywhere.

I am asking $3000, plus $50 for insured shipping to continental US.

Contact me at [email protected].

trg1.jpg

trg2.jpg

trg4.jpg

trg5.jpg

trg3.jpg

Pics might be better quality here:

Pictures by mt_archer - Photobucket

Last edited:
I have a Harris bipod adapter for the rifle, as well (shown in pic below), so if anyone wants to buy the rifle w/o the expensive Sako bipod, shoot me an offer at [email protected]. But, I will not sell the Sako bipod alone unless the rifle is sold first. Thanks.
trg.jpg

Recent Posts