Sako Optilock scope mount

I own two of the Sako 75's both stainless one in 25/06 and the other in 300 win mag. I tried the Leupold mounts and they suck. The mounts had to be tall to clear a Leupold 4-1/2 to 14 by 40 and they marked the tube. I changed to the Optilocks and I ended up using mediums instead of highs and no marks on my tubes. I would not hesitate using them again. As for the soft screws, maybe the screws don't need to be that tight or you had a bad wrench.

[ QUOTE ]
As for the soft screws, maybe the screws don't need to be that tight or you had a bad wrench.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome aboard.

I'm glad you like your Opti's. But, I liked the Loopie rings better, and the Opti-locs sucked. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

As far as the screws are concerned, I have owned a lot of differant rings. Opti's are the only ones that have given me any problems.

As I said, for the money spent on Opti's, the screws shouldnt strip out as easy.
I liked the plastic insert on the Opti's though. Protects the scope tube...sakofan..

I'm another who isn't happy with the Optilock ring screws. If you get 2 uses out of them you're very fortunate. I've still got a set of Optilocks on one of my 75's but on the other I've got a set of Conetrols and I like em' a lot. They look better and they position the scope lower to the receiver. The only drawback to the Conetrols is that they are a pain in the rear to get your scope mounted in them. Once mounted, though, it's a very solid setup.

I've also tried Leupold and Millet mounts on my 75's and neither one worked worth a darn. The Millets are the absolute worst.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.