• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED SAKO L61R, 7mm REM mag

8x68s

Produced 1962-1973, serial numbers 1 thru 90,954... this one is serial number 201xx, so relatively early. I couldn't find a reference that would help date better than that. Bought as a refurb project. The stock was pretty bad but I have repaired and refinished to a very good condition. It's not showroom/collector by any means but pretty darn good. New Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad, action is epoxy bedded and the barrel is free floated. Checkering is very good, small portions with flattened points. The stock is the older style thin profile and wrist before Sako added the palm swell. Barreled action has original bluing at approx. 90%, with some usage marks. Rifling is sharp and clean. The barrel is made with Bofors steel. Bottom metal was only about 50% so I buffed it out and refinished with Brownell's Aluma-hyde epoxy ceramic to match action. I have collected and include a vintage original Sako adjustable peep sight and period correct Redfield tapered scope bases to go with the original hooded front sight. Again, not a collector's item but a very good example of a vintage rifle for those who still appreciate a beautiful walnut stock. This item will be posted elsewhere... Apologies for the bad pics. I don't have a camera that does close-ups.

Priced at $850, plus shipping if necessary. Cash works face-to-face, U.S. Postal money order for a shipped rifle. PM me here... I'm in Salem, OR.
P7270016.JPGP7270018.JPGP7270019.JPGP7270020.JPGP7270021.JPGP7270022.JPGP7270025.JPGP7270027.JPGP7270028.JPG... the dark spot next to the recoil lug is a filled gouge...P7270029.JPG