Sako build

shortshooter

Left handed reciever are fairly rare to come across unless we talk Remmy or Savage. I did purchase a nice fancy Left hand Sako in 416 Rem back in the early 90's. It's a beautiful rifle with steel floorplate, excellent workmanship, and a looker for a sporting rifle. She kicks like a mule as well being light and chambered in 416 Rem.

The rifle is in super condition but the trouble is that I never use it anymore. I have an NIB Ruger no. 1 in the 416 rem as well and if I go back to shooting the 416 again it'lll be inthe Ruger shooting cast bullet mostly and jacketed on occasion.

Are these Sako A/V actions any good for a rifle build for a lefty? Or should I leave this nice Sako intact. I just don't know if parting out this rifle for the left handed reciever is worth it.

I see two choices.

Sell it and then get what you want or tear this down and go from there. Either way a gun just sitting in a closet taking up space does little good when it is clearly something you want to use, but just don't.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.